Thursday, January 27, 2011

Annnnnnd........Scene!

I had an audition last night.  They hand me the side (the script you read from at an audition), and I'm disappointed, because the character I'm reading for has 3 lines, that are all about 3 words long.  Oh well, it's kind of a "take what you can get" at this point, anyway.  So, I step up to read, and they inform me that the script was just a rough guide, and we're going at this improv.  The character that I was reading for had just gotten caught cheating on her husband.  They wanted crying, screaming, drama fest - and I delivered.  Hysterical woman?  I'm your gal.  And they LOVED IT.  He offered me a part on the spot, however, he said he didn't know which specific role that he would use me for, only that he definitely wanted to use me. The show is on TruTV, and it's called Southern Fried Stings.  Kind of a countrified Cops meets Jerry Springer.  Not a terribly serious role, but it's going to be good for the "acting" chops, since it is all impromptu acting.  More details to come, as I get them.

Speaking of details, I finally found out what I'm doing for my modeling job on Tuesday.  As I said, it's for a company that does marketing for major brand labels.  The project we are doing is a marketing campaign for the marking company showing their potential new customers what exactly they do.  How they merchandise their customer's products at store-level. How they make sure their customer's products are in the most strategic location to sell.


So, in recap - in the span of ONE MONTH, I have landed a movie role, modeling job, and TV role.  I AM SO BLESSED!  I feel like I"m really doing what I've been called to do, and I'm HAPPY doing this kind of work.  It's EXCITING to go to work!  Thank you God, for leading me so that I can follow!

2 comments: