Sunday, December 19, 2010

Getting In On The Act

Auditioned yesterday for a movie, and brought along.....my son.  There were no parts for my daughter, but there were two parts for four year old little boys - one of them being the son of the character I was auditioning for.  I wasn't sure what to expect out of him, because it was his first experience.  Also, if the casting directors were stand-offish, he might have been closed off as well.  Turns out the casting directors were great with him.  They made him feel welcome, and he in turn opened up a bit more than if they hadn't been so receiving.  Overall, I think it was a great first experience for him.  On top of that, the agency director invited me to send in his photos for representation.  So, I guess we're all now "in on the act".

As for my audition - I think it went fairly well.  I wasn't as expressive as I would have liked to be, because I was fighting through the flu and I didn't have full control of my vocal range.  I decided to play it safe and go with a little less vocal power and range in favor of not squeaking or cracking from the junk in my throat.

Casting happens in January - so we'll have to wait and see what happens. : )


No comments:

Post a Comment