Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Sound of ... Success!

Ok, everyone - I have an important announcement....

I'm joining a convent.


Well, at least for the run of The Sound of Music at Matthews Playhouse where I will be playinSister Berthe!  Between this, Piccolo Spoleto with the Charlotte Symphony Chamber Singers and if I get called to film, I'll be having a busy, busy couple months.  But, I'm ready to dive in and get started!


A quick carrots and celery word, though.  I was really shooting for Maria when I auditioned for this show.  This is about the last time in my life that I will be young enough to play Maria, and I really thought I had a good shot.  I'm disappointed, but I have to accept that there are any number of factors that could have contributed to the way it was cast that had nothing to do with my acting ability.  The women who read for Maria were about as diverse as they come - a couple late teens/young 20s, a couple early 30s, and me smack in the middle, age wise.  We also had short, tall, heavier, light features, dark features - between the six of us, the only thing we had in common was that we were all good singers and actresses.  So, in the end, it really all boiled down to 1)director's preferences, and 2) who fit with the rest of the cast.  This time I was not a carrot, but maybe a celery laying close by that looked good enough to buy, even though it wasn't on the list.


Ok, enough chatter - off to my busy life!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! My girlfriend is shooting to be Maria in a production later this year. She's much older than you are (sshhh, don't tell her I said so!), but I think she'll get it.

    ReplyDelete